How to Block Websites on your Desktop Computers, Smartphone?
Here are some useful methods to block websites on your Desktop Computers and Smartphones
Sometimes blocking an unwanted website on your Desktop or Smartphone is the only solution to guard your personal information. Every day we found different malicious websites which can literally damage your Pc or sneak into your personal information stored on your computer or smartphone. They offer you good things like the example they make you tap to the contents and offers you to get iPhone instead. You can also get spam emails, a text message from unknown address or number some offers to send them your personal information like Bank Account number, Address, Contact etc. If you get those type of spam message or email you shouldn’t respond to it instead you have to block the spam website immediately.
Today we will guide you to block any unwanted websites on your desktop computers and Smartphone.
Block Any Websites on Desktop Computer
This method of blocking websites is not too hard to configure and will work for all the internet browsers.
- First, you have to make sure that you have administrator access on your computer. If you do not have administrator access to your computer then you cannot complete the process.
- After the Sign into the pc with an administrator account go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
- After this Double-click the file named as “host” and choose Notepad from the list of programs to open the file. Click on ok. The last two lines of your host’s file should read “# 127.0.0.1 localhost” and “#::1 localhost”.
- In case if you can’t edit the file, you will have to right-click the file labeled hosts and select Properties. Click on the Security tab, choose the administrator account and click on the Edit.
- In the pop-up, select the account again and check the Full control. Click on Apply and choose yes. Now click OK in all pop-ups.
- At the end of the file, you can add the addresses of the websites you want to block. To do this, just add a line at the end of the file, with 127.0.0.1 and then add a name of the site you want to block which will redirect the websites name to your local computer.
- If you choose to block Google, for example, add 127.0.0.1 www.google.com to the end of the file. By this way, you can block many sites as you want, but one thing you have to remember is you can only add one website per line.
- Repeat this step until you have added all the websites you want to block.
- Finally, close the host file and click on save to save the changes. Restart your computer after doing this and you will find all those websites you added are blocked.
Block Any Websites on Your Android Smartphones
The easiest way to block websites on Android Smartphones is to download any antivirus app (Download the anti-virus app by clicking on it). This is the perfect method to block websites.
- If you have installed the app then go to the option and choose Safe Surfing.
- Now swipe to the Parental Controls and click to the setup account. Here you will have to create an account and you’ll see an option called Blocked List in the app. Tap it, and tap Add. Now add all the websites you want to block one at a time. Once that is done, you won’t be able to access these websites on your Android smartphone.
If you are in Nepal and using WorldLink Internet:
WorldLink has provided an app called myWorldLink to the WorldLink internet surfers. This app will help you to block any website you want. To block the website from the WorldLink app follow these instructions:
- Open the myWorldLink app and choose the SafeNet option which is on the left side in the app.
- By clicking it you will get to create a custom pin to for security purpose.
- After this go to Blacklist, here you can add all the websites which you want to block.
- You can also get control over the sites which you want to make it safe for children like Adult contents, violence etc.
DOWNLOAD myWorldLink APP: CLICK HERE
Finally, here is all about the methods of Blocking any website to your Desktop computers and Smartphones. Be safe from the unwanted and spam websites which will attract you from the different fake offers. If you have any query about the article then comment it down below. Also, share this article to your acquaintances to know about it.