How to Hard Reset Android Phone without Using Any Third-Party Software
Here are some useful methods to reset your Android device without using any third-party software
There are many different reasons you might need to hard reset your android phone. Maybe you have forgotten your unlocking passcode or pattern, or your phone might get slow down. Or maybe you have downloaded the recent update and you didn’t like it and your smartphone suddenly froze or stopped responding.
Whatever might be the reasons, here we show you to hard reset your android phone from the bootloader.
Note: First you have to ensure that you have any important data backed up before doing the hard reset. This includes all the Google Authenticator credentials and all your apps and files which will be lost during the reset. Here we are using Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H for the test.
Steps for the Hard Reset of Your Android Phone:
(This process shown below is for the Samsung users and also it works for other phones like Google Nexus, LG, and Motorola etc)
- The first step you have to do is to power off your phone if your phone is in on state.
- Take off your Sim cards and memory cards for the safety purpose.
- Hold down the power button, home button and volume down button at the same time for few seconds, you will see a picture of Android
- After this, a menu will appear by using volume key up and down button take it to the wipe data/factory reset and select it by pushing the power button and choose yes- delete all user data.
- Wait a couple of seconds to complete the process.
- After the completion of a process, a menu will appear ( it is the same menu which had come before you used the power button, home, and the menu button) and choose the reboot now option to restart your phone.
- If your device freezes at any point then hold down the power button to restart your device
- After the reboot process, it takes a couple of time to restart your phone because the whole system is being formatted.
Here I couldn’t post the actual picture of hard reset due to team win recovery installed on my device. But it seems same like the above picture
If the hard reset process doesn’t fix your problems or doesn’t work well it’s likely that there is a problem with your device hardware. If it’s still under warranty you should have it fixed or replaced. Here’s all about the process to hard reset your android phone without using any third-party software. Hope this article will be useful for you to complete the process.