If you’ve recently bought Samsung Galaxy A7(2018) and you want to update it to Android Pie with One UI, this article is for you.
So you’ve bought a brand new phone for yourself but seeing it still runs on oreo while other cheaper companies are running pie on their device may leave your heart broken. If you’ve recently bought Samsung Galaxy A7(2018), this article is for you. It is a great smartphone for the price range, good looks, build quality and triple back camera. The only thing that puts it behind its competitors is lack of software updates, this device still runs on Android 8.0.
One UI Pie for Samsung Galaxy A7(2018) started rolling out in some countries like Russia. But it will be globally released on April 15, so if you live in countries like Nepal and India, you’ve to wait for a month to get your hands on One UIPie. This can be very frustrating if you know that people from other countries are using the latest update on the same phone while you are stuck on the November security patch.
If you’re impatient and want to try one UI on your latest A7 as early as possible, XDA developer @Prashantp01 ported Android Pie to our your device. You can grab the file from his google drive link :
How to Flash the One UI ROM for A7:
To flash this ROM, your bootloader must be unlocked. Just turn on OEM unlock from developer options. Download Odin on windows, and flash TWRP(https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397905813) by @ashyx using Odin. And then format data from TWRP. Using TWRP, flash the downloaded ROM.
Screenshots for A7 with One UI:
NOTE: This ROM is only for A750F and A750FN. Flash on other models on your own risk, it may cause boot loops.
Features of One UI :
- Content and Settings have been re-organized
- Interactive Elements have been moved to the bottom half of the screen for one hand access
- Night mode feature
- You can reply to notification directly through the notification channel
- Notification now shows Image thumbnail
- Samsung Keyboard
- New Emojis
- Adaptive theme changes
- Floating keyboard
- Always On Display
- New clock styles added
- Battery charging information
- Bixby Improved search Enables search within App
- Camera New scene optimizer enhances camera color settings.
- Gallery Adds new Editor tool for Photos.
- You can monitor storage usage through Storage analysis tool in the file manager
- Show/hide items on MyFiles home screen.
- Step counts are shown in the notification panel